Different parts of the uterus can get affected by cancer. The endometrium is the inner lining of the uterus. Cancer that originates from endometrium is called as endometrial cancer. It usually affects the middle-aged women. It is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. Uterine cancer may need following methods for treatment:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
It is obvious that the treatment options are not easy. Hence it is better to prevent the cancer or detect it in early stage itself. You cannot control the genetic or heredity factors related to the cancer. But other things can be controlled. Here are simple things that you should do:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to
- Breastfeed: Endometrial Studies have shown that those mothers who breastfeed the babies for 1- 2 years have less chances of uterine cancer..
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be it heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two menstrual cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding can be a symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid obesity. It also balances the hormones in your body.
- Healthy food: Eat a healthy and balanced diet every day to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: Most women feel that birth control pills cause cancer. Actually, birth control pills help to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to its fullest.