Senior gynaecologist in practice for almost 20 years, also known as a health right activist in the country. A doctor who believes in treating patients as partners in healthcare.
MD, DNB, FCPS, FICOG, DGO, LLB DHA
- Senior Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and Medical director at Cloudnine Hospital Mumbai (www.cloudninecare.com)
- Partner Lifewave Hospital ( www.lifewavehospital.com)
- Director. Yashada Maternity & Surgical Home.
- Gynaecologist at Nanavati Hospital. Dr Datar was the Head of the Unit at the R N Cooper Hospital for ten years where he was teaching postgraduate resident doctors. He was also a Consultant at Hinduja Healthcare Surgical Hospital.
Awards and laurels:
- Dr Nikhil Datar has received two gold medals Dr B N Purandare gold medal and Dr Dastur gold medal.
- He was awarded a prestigious Commonwealth Professional Fellowship by the Department of Health, United Kingdom in 2009.
He was also awarded a fellowship by American & Austrian foundation in 2010.
- High risk pregnancy
- Gynecological surgeries, particularly vaginal surgeries
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- He is the founder President of Patient Safety Alliance, An NGO that works on empowering patients and supporting health care professionals to prevent medical errors.( www.patientsafetyalliance.in)
- He fought against injustice on behalf of his patient Niketa Mehta challenging the MTP Act in 2008 at the Mumbai high court. This fight is leading to a change in the abortion law of India.
- He was interviewed in the famous TV show Satyamev Jayate by Aamir Khan for his exemplary work on Gender sensitive protocol on examination and evidence collection of survivors of sexual assault. He was invited by WHO and the Government of India for national consultation on the issue.
- He was recently appointed as a consultant by URC- USAID to work on quality improvement in maternal health with seven state governments in India.
- He sits on the advisory board of Asian center for entertainment and education (sister concern of Hollywood Health Society) along with eminent Bollywood personalities. This organization works on health education through TV and films.